Sunday, July 31, 2011

Did You Know?

I have I Tunes downloaded on my computer to buy music for my Ipod or to download onto the computer to make a CD to listen to in the car. Did you know that on the I Tunes store page is a section called I Tunes University and in that section are 46 lectures from the International Quilt Study Center at the University of Nebraska that are FREE. (Just put in International Quilt Study Center in the I Tunes search box and they will all pop up.) Some of the lectures are the thesis of students working on their Masters degree in Textile History/quilt studies, a degree unique to the Quilt Study Center and the University of Nebraska, and some lectures are by quilt teachers we all know and have heard of. It has become my habit if I am sewing or cutting out lots of fabric to bring my little laptop computer into the sewing room and listen to a lecture while I work. There are probably other quilt related lectures from other museums and univerisities that I have not yet discovered on I Tunes U but for now I just thought I would share what I have found so far.
Happy Stitching All

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Cheri, I didn't know. I will for sure check this out. I love to listen to audiobooks when I'm in my sewing room but this sounds just great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. The university where I work is adding more and more lectures to iTunes University but I guarantee that they aren't anywhere as interesting as the quilt lectures. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting.....have you learned any tidbits that have given you an "I didn't know THAT" moment?

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete