Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ardis James

Living in Nebraska I am just a few miles from the International Quilt Study Center and Museum at the University of Nebraska in Lincoln. I remember several years ago when we first heard of John and Ardis James donation to the the university at a quilt guild meeting. The story of how the initial donation of 1000 quilts were moved in a special semi truck from the east coast to Nebraska and the accompanying security is fascinating.

Ardis James passed away on July 7, 2011. The New York Times had a lovely article about her love of quilts and donation to the university.

As a Nebraskan I am so proud of this quilt treasure and it is with sadness that I acknowledge the passing of this wonderful lady.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that.
    I visited the LQSC in Lincoln last November and looooved it.

    Christine

    ReplyDelete