Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Itty Bitty Bias

This morning I have been making more double fold bias for the latest Benjamin Biggs block. I posted about this bias a couple posts ago when making large 5/8 inch bias for another appliqué project and it worked so well I thought I would try it for the tiny 1/8 inch bias needed for the cherry stems. There are three sizes of finished bias from 1/8 to 1/4 inch in this block, my bias strips measured 1/2, 3/4 and 1 inch before double folding.

I usually stitch the bias stems last in an appliqué block but all of the leaves and cherries lie on top of the stem ends in this block so I am going to stitch down all of the stems next.

 

Happy stitching,

Cheri

 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Cheri! Such tiny bias and you have made it perfectly! Look forward to seeing the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1/8 of an inch! Wow that's tiny. Your bias looks wonderful - I look forward to seeing the completed block.

    ReplyDelete