Friday, May 17, 2013

Last Four Blocks




I am working on the last four blocks of Sally Post's Floral Sampler. I have waited a long time for this simple tree block. It was the one that drew me to the quilt, and it was the last of the 36 blocks posted for this free block of the week by Gay at Sentimental Stitches.net



By the way, pop over to her website, she has a little tease picture posted for her next free block of the week that will start in about a month. Look under Dream Garden, this quilt would be great in 30's reproduction prints. I have an overflowing basket of left over tone on tone whites and off whites,


I think I could make a great scrappy quilt out of fabrics I have on hand. I can't wait to read a little more about it, looks like some appliqué and some embroidery. Fun!
I am happily stitching and watching/ listening to Call The Midwife on Netflix and the PBS Website. This is another one of those great British series. If you like Downton Abby you will probably like this series also. It is set in the 1950s and has some great old songs ending every show.
Have a good week all!
Cheri
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

  1. I am also working on this last block. Yours look great lovely color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little Sally Post blocks, I'd love to see it when you have the top together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a treasure!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very excited to start this one as well. The tree block is also my favorite..I will have to wait a bit though as I have just started two applique quilts..plus a couple of piecing projects..thank you for posting the pictures of your blocks though. I think my first time on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why the tree block is one of your favorites. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree block is lovely, I can see why you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Sally Post is going to be a beautiful quilt. I am on the way over to Gay's site to look at the quilt you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete