Friday, January 27, 2012

Great Backqround Quilting

I was looking thru my quilt pictures from quilt shows looking for a background filler design for Bella Garden. I came upon this embroidered quilt and remember taking the picture because I liked the way the quilting went right up to but not over the embroidery in the blocks. I also liked the way the quilter echoed the embroidered butterflies and posies into the quilting. I think this background quilting looks like water and I think it will be good in the center of the Bella Garden quilt. I also came upon this picture, this little quilt was just divided into six sections and a different background filler was quilted in each section.Just another little idea I need to keep in mind.

Have a good week and Happy Stitching!
Cheri

PS..It is tulip time again-my little winter treat to myself! Yea Walmart, they have them in every color of the rainbow, 7 fresh flowers for $5.00

No comments:

Post a Comment