Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May

This month I have been on a roll with Celebrating Mary Brown.

There are a couple blocks in CMB that I have made with an English Paper Piecing technique, this works especially well if I want to do fussy cutting. After I piece the sections together by hand I starch and iron the piece, then remove the papers and press one more time and applique the paper pieced unit onto the background.

The other quilt I am working on is Panama Pyramids. I have put a nice dent in my reproduction scraps and have all the pyramid blocks cut, I try to get a couple sewn every day.

 

Lots of fussy cutting opportunities in this quilt also. I am anxious to start cutting the background triangles but I think it would be better to remember which side of the large background triangles is on the straight of grain and have it on the bottom edge of each row. So until I am ready to start sewing the rows together I am holding off, but here is a little preview of pieced blocks lying on the background fabrics.

Happy Stitching All,

Cheri

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh my these are gorgeous blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful blocks--I L O V E that bird--simple lovely. And the pyramid blocks are fabulous, too. What a fabulous twosome to be working on...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your 2 projects are fantastic! I love the sunburst blocks and your squirrel and all those berries - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love each and every block!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow your Celebrating Mary Brown pieced blocks are prefect, they look very difficult. You do beautiful hand applique. Loving the pyramids too. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your choices of fabrics makes your blocks fabulous a your stitching is beautiful. You've definitely have been accomplishing a lot. The pyramid blocks are wonderful too. It's always inspiring to see what you've been working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness! So much interesting things in your post. I am assuming the bird wings and tail in the one block are from an interesting piece of fabric instead of separate pieces? Your blocks pique my interest so much that I want to get out my Mary Brown pattern and start on it. I have to exercise some control and not do it but want to so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My but you have been busy! Your applique is stunning. I love the pyramid blocks. It is on my "to do" list and I thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete