Tuesday, April 10, 2012

States Quilt Finished



This past fall and winter I have been working on a quilt with my Mom. She embroidered all 50 of the state blocks and I put the quilt together and finished quilting it last month. 

We have been traveling the last two weeks and the first part of our trip was to Denver, Colorado to celebrate my parent's 60th wedding anniversary.  Being able to deliver the finished quilt was another happy surprise to our weekend there.  The little guy inspecting the quilt is my great nephew Koda.
My Mom has early dementia/Alzheimers.  We had a wonderful visit and she is doing well.  My parents have adjusted well to their move to assisted living.    She was so proud of her part in the making of this quilt and was enjoying showing it to all of her new friends. 
Happy Stitching All 

5 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to give this quilt to your Mom in person and to remind her of her own talents. A special gift indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!! It is going to be such a special heirloom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Civil War Bride quilt is simply a masterpiece ! Congratulations on completing it.
    I am also doing one (done 14 blocksso far), and I have just noticed that you removed the elephant which I also don't like in the block, so I am going to do something similar to yours.
    I also love your other work and its lovely that you are doing a quilt with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt and one I'm sure will mean so much to you both! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to have found your blog - spend ten minutes just gazing at your Header! So enjoyed reading about the International Quilt Study Centre as I have heard about it and visited their website but it's good to get a first-hand account of it like this. Maybe I'll get there one day - a long trip from Norfolk, England though! XCathy

    ReplyDelete