With my Civil War Bride quilt completed the possibilities of a new hand applique quilt to start are a little overwhelming. There are so many great quilts out there. Until I worked on the bride I don't think I owned one piece of civil war reproduction fabric. Now I love them, can't get enough turkey reds and poison greens. So I am leaning towards a red and green quilt. Something will come up.
I have finished a couple more blocks on the McKenna Ryan quilt, Home Tweet Home.
There is a little bit of embellishing done on each of these blocks, a few beads, or hairy yarn for nesting material.
I also did a little machine quilting practice this week. I made up this little wonky flower using some of my Kaffe Fassett fabrics for a little practice piece. I quilted the CWBQ using a wool batting and had read somewhere that you can get a sort of "mock" trapunto look with applique by using a double thickness of wool batting and then machine quilting the background very densely. Well, I am not overly impressed with the mock trapunto look, I don't really think it looks any puffier than with just one layer of batting, but the background quilt doodling was fun.
Have a good weekend.