Friday, April 8, 2011

A Red & White Quilt Comes My Way



With all the interest in red and white quilts from the recent quilt show, Infinite Variety Three Centuries of Red and White Quilts, in New York City, I was happy to receive this quilt top to quilt. This is a group quilt done by members of the Omaha Quilt Guild, so there are lots of different reds in this quilt and it works very well. The quilt will be auctioned off as a fundraiser for a local church camp where our guild holds it's annual fall quilt retreat and as a thank you the guild always donates a quilt for it's annual fundraising auction. My small group put the blocks together and I am quilting it on my long arm machine.



I am using an all over feather pattern called Plumage by Willow Leaf Designs. I love this red and white stripe fabric on the back.


I am going back and forth today between the long arm machine and in my sewing room I am quilting the Civil War Bride Quilt.


I am working on outlining all the applique first. I try to add a little something to each block, like a flower in the bride's skirt.


A little feather flourish in the tablecloth.


And a stippled heart in the middle of a vase, first I outline around a freezer paper heart, then I will stipple inside.


So between the two quilts I will be doing a lot of quilting this next week.

I am happy stitching,

Cheri

6 comments:

  1. Awesome, Cheri!! I love what you are doing with the Civil War bride!
    Blessings,
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are lovely! How fun to be quilting your Brides quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the near future will see a lot of red and white quilts in it.

    I love what you are doing with your Civil War Bride's quilt. I hope you'll keep us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see what you are doing with the quilting on your CWB quilt. Wonderful so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red & white quilt is beautiful!! I love seeing what elements you are adding to the quilting on the CWB....it's going to be wonderful!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red and white quilt! Lovely appliqué too!

    ReplyDelete