Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hawaiian Quilts at the International Quilt Festival

I have a few more pictures from my day at the Quilt Festival in Houston. It has been fun to see which quilts or quilt collections the different bloggers have been sharing on their posts from the show. Our interests are all so varied and it shows with which quilts we chose to photograph and share on our blogs. I am currently working on Roseville Album so I was very interested in Kaffe Fassett's exhibit which I included in my previous post. I also like Hawaiian applique so I have pictures of four quilts that were in the show. The echo quilting was just outstanding, I think it is one of the hardest types of quilting.
I liked the bright colors, but I also really liked the subtlety of this tan and white Hawaiian applique.
I also tend to migrate to the more traditional quilts and I spotted this one way across the convention floor and liked the colors. On closer inspection I was astounded to see all these little pieced log cabin squares, probably about 1/4 inch logs.

The vendor area was overwhelming. The new gadget that I found was a rotary blade sharpener called True Cut by the Grace quilting frames company. There was an electric model and a model that just required running your rotary cutter against the sharpening stones that were set in a wood block.The Roxanne's glue people also had a new container for their glue that I use all the time in applique, it is a sort of accordion bottle and a new cap for the needle that keeps it air tight and is not suppose to need cleaning of the needle dispenser.

The last pictures I will leave you with is a couple close ups of Mystique, the best of show quilt by Sharon Shamber showing her amazing quilting and applique.This is her third best of show at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. What a talented quilter she is.

Happy Stitching All,
Cheri

4 comments:

  1. Love the hawaiian quilts, the quilting on them is amazing. Interesting about the cutter sharpener, I may have to pick one up.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been amazed at the workmanship of Hawaiian quilts!! All the quilts you've shown are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello my dear people, I am Charlotte Johnson, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and I was stuck in a financial situation in April 2019 and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. Diego Lorenzo the most interesting part of it is that my loan of $65,000.00 was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr.Diego Lorenzo if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. Lorenzo Diego loan firm today for your loan

    They offer all kinda loans like...

    Short term loan (5_10yrs)
    Long term loan (20_40yrs)
    Medium term loan (10_20yrs)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( mrlorenzodiegoloanfirm@outlook.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then MR Lorenzo Diego loan firm is the financial place to go get your loan easily  please just tell him I Mrs. Charlotte Johnson McDonald referred you to Him  Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome to ACCESS LOANS FIRM here we make sure you get the best loan for your business or pay your bills. Just answer a few simple questions and meet the terms. Contact us now for a 3% loan on all loans, it's easy, fast and secured.

    AVAILABLE LOANS WE OFFER ARE;

    *Personal Loan and Housing Loan,
    * Home renovation and Hospital bills
    * Enlargement of Business
    * Refinancing Agricultural Extensions and Gold Mining
    * Financing projects with higher financial needs
    *Business Loan and Investment Loan 
    CONTACT INFORMATIONS ARE;

    HEAD OFFICE(accessloansfirm@gmail.com)

    WHATSAPP:  +12342018860

     A good loan start with better Borrowing

    ReplyDelete