Sunday, August 22, 2010

a quick little post about a Great Big Quilt

I continue to be busy with machine quilting, which is a very good thing, I enjoy it. I just had to post a couple pictures of Linda's beautiful quilt, she picks the most beautiful fabrics. I love that smokey lavender. She did very well with her machine appliqued circles on the center of each block - her first project with blanket stitch applique. The real story of this quilt is the size - 130 inches long by 100 inches wide! I used the ENTIRE width of the backing leaders 134 inches for the back fabric. My machine is actually a mid arm, a Handiquilter Avante, and it was a champ!
I wish I had taken a longer shot of the quilt on the frame but I had one with the quilt on top of my king size bed and as you see it is bunched on the floor at the bottom of the bed - plenty of pillow tuck on this quilt : )

Happy Stitching All...

Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment