Saturday, October 10, 2015

Projects with EPP

I have three projects that are either complete English Paper Piecing quilts or have appliquéd hexagon flowers appliquéd in the design. The four hexie Flowers added to the center of Mariner's Compass quilt seem a little busy when added to the background but this quilt is designed by Kim MCLean.

She works a lot of her patterns with Kaffe Fassett fabrics but this one was done in reproduction fabrics and I love the way it comes together.

So I am going to have faith and kind of pick colors like the pattern cover quilt. When I finished the compass I thought it was a little Christmasy with the red and green compass points but that is going away with the background fabric and now these hexie so I will carry on.

My evenings are spent making hexie flowers for the borders of Stonefields. I am making my quilt a little smaller than the pattern making my center with only 100 blocks and my borders with two rows of hexagon flowers instead of three.

I have little piles of prepped hexagon flower pieces in my sewing room and have to be so careful not to drop fabric or books on the table-the pieces blow around easily and then I can't remember which centers go with which piles.

The third quilt with EPP is Patchwork of the Crosses. I have finished a couple more connecting blocks this summer at EPP club at a local quilt shop.

Last meeting I just worked on fussy cut centers.

I have liked this Jo Morton Toile fabric for a long time.

I have been pulling out fabrics to see if I have enough reds and creams for a quilt pattern she designed using this fabric.

I rarely buy a fabric without a specific project in mind and I have thought of using this Toile in several projects but I hate to cut it. What to do? Make a quilt staring this fabric (I do have enough fabric to enlarge the center blocks and make this quilt 54 X62) or save it for appliqué and broderie perse?? I am so undecided, I should have bought more.

Happy Stitching Everyone,

Cheri

 

 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work and lovely fabrics!! Mmmmh! :)
    And you found the perfect project to accentuate your
    Toile fabric. But, well, you will have to cut it...
    Good luck with the decision!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very brave! All of your projects look difficult to me. I haven't seen any of Kim M quilts made in reproduction fabrics but yours looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your EPP's are great. I made Kim's Roseville Album using repros and it turned out just as spectacular as using Kaffe. Too funny that you have been trying to decide what to do with Jo Morton's toile. I just pulled out my 5 yards and finally used it as a backing. I wish I had bought more too. Her quilt example would also be wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful EPP projects. Hardest decision would be which one to work on next! Your pile of little hexies makes me smile, as does your selection of red fabrics. I have just been using that toile in a secret gift, and I don't have very much left either. It's definitely one of those all time great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the busy background. And to tell you the truth. I didn't realize it was busy till the close up,picture. Turns out I also like the two rows of hexies and may do the same on my quilt. And I like the toile quilt. I think you should give it a go. A quick pieced quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such nice blocks with fussy cutting your fabrics. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little hexie's. Have always loved toile, but, you are right, it is a hard choice knowing HOW to use it. Quilt on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete