Thursday, March 26, 2015

Finish Drought Over!

I have not had a quilt finish in quite a while, but chubby chicks has ended that. This was a fairly fast and a fun quilt to complete. I kept the machine quilting pretty simple, mostly walking foot work.

There is a little meandering with occadional chicken footprints in each of the chicks blocks

and a few hearts in the corners.

Now I am on to my next machine quilting project, the four appliqué Rose Fan blocks. I am using the pattern sheet to pencil in some quilting ideas and drawing a diagram of the finished vases with some room for some feather designs.

Hopefully practicing this echo quilting on the pattern with a pencil will give me some muscle memory when the real quilting starts.

Happy Stitching!

 

5 comments:

  1. A very pretty finish Cheri and beautifully custom quilted! What a cute idea to have the chicken prints in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute quilt! Those chubby chickens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little chicks quilt is delightful! Your quilting is just perfect for it. I look forward to seeing your progress with the Rose fan quilt :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is so adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute. Especially the ones done in the little bird print.

    ReplyDelete