Friday, February 13, 2015

More Patchwork of the Crosses

I am currently having great momentum on the Lucy Boston Patchwork of the Crosses quilt. We are still traveling and it is just a great take along quilt. I usually spend a day prepping about 4 blocksand then pop the glued pieces in a zip lock bag and take them everywhere to stitch when I can.

I am still surprised how fussy cutting can completely change the look of each block.

I sometimes take a picture of the prepped block so I can remember how I intended to stitch it together.

Then a better layout just sort of happens when I start sewing it together even when I fussy cut the pieces.

Happy Stitching!

 

6 comments:

  1. These cross blocks are wonderful! I love the red,white and blue one and the one with the paisleys :0) EPP makes such a great take along project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty blocks. Fussy cutting really makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely! How great to have a perfectly portable quilt block to work on. Happy Valentines day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Even makes me want to fussy cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful fabrics, love the fussy cutting. My our blocks are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi~ o(* ̄▽ ̄*)ブ I'm new here~~ Archeage?Follow these↓↓↓

    Archeage Gold

    Buy Archeage Gold

    ReplyDelete