Happy New Year!
As I was stitching on the last few berries of my rose fan blocks yesterday I realized my applique needle was so bent. I think I used the same needle for all four blocks and probably some buttons and other small mending items in between. Why? Needles are probably one of the least expensive notion we quilters buy. As I was drifting asleep last night after seeing the old year out it came to me: New Year, New Needles. My resolution for this year is already done. I am going to start the year right off with changing out all of my needles, in my EPP and applique projects and on the sewing machine.
The four rose fan blocks are finished and I love them. All of the berries are stuffed, a technique we learned in the Sue Garman class where these blocks were started. The berries on the vase picture show the stuffing a little better and the rest will poof out more when it is quilted.
I played around a little bit with lay out, vases in corners or in the center, but I really like the secondary berry design with the vases in the center. There will be a red sashing between the blocks and a red border and these blocks will become a Christmas tablecloth on my dining room table.
Ok, one last picture with a little distance, I can't help myself, I love the way these blocks turned out.
Happy New a Year!