Friday, December 13, 2013

Ho, Ho, Ho

My father had eleven brothers and sisters, some of my best Christmas memories was renting the local grade school gym and having a huge Christmas dinner. I had over fifty first cousins and my Grandpa would give each of us a paper lunch sack of Brach's pick-a-mix candy and an apple or orange. I love making gift bags out of paper lunch sacks and appliqué fabric motiffs. This year our Christmas stockings are going to be these bags. I use appliqué paper (Heat and Bond) and just iron the fabric motiff right onto the paper bags, quick and easy.

I have also finished another two Roseville Album blocks, six completed so far.

I had a little mishap with my And They Sinned sampler, I lost the thread key on a recent trip. Marty, at Stitch and Frog ( online cross stitch store) where I ordered the pattern and threads, went above and beyond getting permission from the pattern designer to make a copy of the thread key and save me from purchasing another pattern. I am working on the peacocks, I love this blue thread by GAST threads which just happened to be named "peacock".

I wish you all a very Merry and Blessed Christmas,

Cheri

 

2 comments:

  1. The bags are a great idea! What fun memories tied to the holidays as well.
    Your quilt blocks are amazing!! Way to keep plugging on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely memories! I love your Roseville blocks, and your sampler too!

    ReplyDelete