Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Very Productive Weekend


Okay, so you know how you go to quilt retreat with your quilting buddies and you forget something?  Well, I remembered by projects, thread, all parts to the sewing machine, but forgot my camera.  So I do not have any pictures taken at the retreat but I did take some pictures when I got home of all the projects I got to work on.  The picture above is all the blocks so far for the Sally Post Floral Sampler that Gay at Sentimental Stitches is posting each week.

 We had a group demonstration of the twister quilt technique.  This little quilt started out with 20 five inch squares sewn together in a 4 X  5 grid with a 3 inch border, then you cut it all apart with the aid of the twister ruler and sew them back together and get one of these. 

I also got this small quilt sewn, it is called pixie sticks because the 2 inch block are made of eight one quarter inch strips.  Loved the reproduction fabrics in this little quilt. 

I also got a little hand applique completed and another block finished for the red and white quilt.

The week before retreat I got the Heaven and Nature Sings (McKenna Ryan pattern) quilt top completed, it is all layered and ready to start quilting. 

So I feel like I have gotten a lot of things done lately.  I am all unpacked from retreat, but packing up my hand applique things for an upcoming trip to Texas that will include a visit to the International Quilt Festival and a class with Elly Seinkiewicz.  This is not a very good picture of the class project

but you can check out her teaching schedule here and see a better picture of the beautiful peahen we will be working on in this class.  I am so excited to be taking  this class, and just soak up all of her knowledge about Baltimore Album quilts. 

Happy Stitching All,
Cheri

5 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you, a class with Elly is on my bucket list and I have tried to go to her applique academy a few times but sadly life got in the way. Hope it is wonderful and inspiring, I have heard nothing but lovely things about her! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many pretty projects! That sounds like a wonderful trip. I can't wait to hear about the class and see your class project :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quilting goodness! I am loving your applique blocks and am collecting them for a future project. You have some other beautiful projects going!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great projects. I always sit with Gay at our Dear Jane retreat twice a year, and the Sally Post quilt is on my list of things that I want to do. Yours looks great. You've been working on lots of pretty things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your so lucky to be taking a class with Elly
    have fun! make sure you tell us all about it.
    I love your latest block and the yellow paisley in the center just fun!!!!
    all of the quilts are beautiful you certainly have been productive, keep sharing enjoy your blog
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete